Italians know how to love life, beginning with their spaghetti and meatballs. This blog commends their panache for living, and goes even further with this philosophy: great food enhances marriage. So here’s a passionate spaghetti and meatball recipe for Columbus newlyweds which will enhance your marriage!
Italian cuisine offers endless possibilities on the creative use of pasta. In this recipe, the meatball is king. You’re going to savor them. At the same time, the pasta gives you something fun to do with your fork.
To enhance the sensuality of this recipe, immediately lower the lights. Then open a nice bottle of cabernet and pour a glass for each of you. Furthermore, select some nice music with an Italian flair. You can’t go wrong with Andre Bocelli.
Okay, get ready to live life to the hilt with this passionate spaghetti and meatball recipe for newlyweds!
Ingredients make the difference in this passionate spaghetti and meatball recipe!
4 slices hearty white sandwich bread, crusts removed, torn into small pieces
8 ounces (1 cup) whole-milk ricotta cheese
2 pounds ground pork
1 ounce Parmesan cheese, grated (1/2 cup), plus extra for serving
1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
2 large eggs
2 shallots, minced
4 garlic cloves, minced
1 tablespoon salt
1 1/2 teaspoons pepper
1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
10 garlic cloves, smashed and peeled
1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
2 (28-ounce) cans crushed tomatoes
Salt and pepper
2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
Ready for the passion? Here are your easy-to-follow instructions:
- FOR THE MEATBALLS: Adjust oven rack to lower-middle position and heat oven to 450 degrees. Then set wire rack in aluminum foil–lined rimmed baking sheet and spray evenly with vegetable oil spray. Next, combine bread and ricotta in large bowl and let sit, mashing occasionally with fork, until smooth paste forms, about 10 minutes.
- Add pork, Parmesan, parsley, eggs, shallots, garlic, salt, pepper, and lemon zest to bread mixture and mix with your hands until thoroughly combined. Then divide meat mixture into 24 portions (about 1/4 cup each) and place on platter. Roll meat between your wet hands to form meatballs and space evenly on prepared wire rack. Roast meatballs until browned, 30 to 35 minutes, rotating sheet halfway through roasting. Remove from oven and reduce oven temperature to 300 degrees.
- FOR THE SAUCE: Meanwhile, combine oil and garlic in Dutch oven set over low heat and cook until garlic is soft and golden on all sides, 12 to 14 minutes, stirring occasionally. Then add pepper flakes and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Stir in tomatoes and 1 teaspoon salt. Cover, with lid slightly ajar, and bring to simmer over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until sauce has thickened slightly, about 30 minutes. Also, season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Nestle meatballs into sauce, cover, and transfer pot to oven. Bake until meatballs are tender and sauce has thickened, about 30 minutes. Transfer meatballs and sauce to serving platter. Sprinkle with basil and serve, passing extra Parmesan separately.
- Finally, serve over pasta that has been lightly oiled with olive oil.
Planning a wedding? Then check out this recipe for great entertainment!